Welcome to Nottingham Playhouse
Welcome to Nottingham Playhouse – a sparkling jewel in the cultural crown of this vibrant city.
We are the home of bold, thrilling and world-class theatre which is made in Nottingham and as diverse as our community.
Our productions encompass timeless classics, enthralling family shows and exciting new commissions whilst visiting dance, comedy and theatre complete the bill alongside our legendary Christmas pantomime.
Nottingham Playhouse can be hired as a spectacular wedding venue or as an impressive conference venue.
All of this is housed in our 750 seat 1963 listed building and 90 seat studio theatre which sits alongside Anish Kapoor’s striking Sky Mirror on the forecourt, which is a drama in itself.
Playhouse Bar & Kitchen provides the perfect environment to eat, drink and relax day or night.
Safety and Security at Nottingham Playhouse
We understand that some of our customers may feel concerned about safety and security for events here at Nottingham Playhouse. Please be assured that the safety, security and comfort of all our audiences are our highest priorities.
For your safety, wellbeing and comfort we would like to let you know:
• From time to time we may require your co-operation in conducting security searches such as bag checks.
• Due to limited space, we don’t have a cloakroom facility at the Playhouse so please avoid bringing large bags, sports holdalls, shopping and luggage with you. All items brought in may be subject to searches.
• If you are delayed and arrive after the show or activity has begun, we may ask you to wait for a suitable moment to enter and/or provide you with alternative seats to minimise interruption.
• To ensure everyone’s uninterrupted enjoyment of the show, please do not use mobile phones, tablets and other electronic devices whilst in the Theatre or Studio. Please switch your phone or other device onto silent.
• Only plastic or cardboard drinks containers (available from the bars) may be taken into performances; hot drinks containers must have a lid on. Hot food can’t be taken into either the Theatre or Studio.
• We like to talk to all our customers, so if you have any concerns or queries please speak to a member of our friendly Front of House team.
Whatever you are here for, we hope you enjoy your visit.