Jessie’s sick of Leeds.
A city she thought she would never leave.
But the aimlessness of the people
she once believed she would always need
Wondering whether she’s had enough,
in a dirty nightclub not too far off,
Jessie’s blinded by the light of Allie Touch,
a singer song-writer with a taste for big ambitions,
amongst some other stuff.
Feeling rough in the five in the morning sunlight,
Jessie’s sight is fixed on the path that Allie lights
And like a moth to a flame in the night,
Electrolyte is a multi award winning piece of gig theatre that powerfully explores mental health for a contemporary audience. Written in spoken word poetry and underscored by original music ranging from ‘blasts of sound to lyrical sweetness’ ***** The Scotsman, this ‘unstoppable’ ***** To Do List production is performed by six multi-instrumentalists who seamlessly integrate live music with expert storytelling.
Electrolyte is the winner of the Mental Health Fringe Award, The Stepladder Award, The LET Award, The Voice Mag Pick of The Fringe Award and the Pleasance Best Newcomer Award 2018.
- Broadway Baby ‘This is what it must have felt like when audiences first watched Shakespeare
- Voice Mag ‘A sense of powerful hope’
- To Do List ‘Unstoppable performance’
- Three Weeks ‘Resonated powerfully with it’s young audience
- Ed Fest Mag ‘Visceral, emotionally charged and engaging’
- Daily Mail ‘Packs an emotional punch that could floor Tyson Fury’
- The Stage ‘Loud, liberating electronica’
Dates & Times
|Electrolyte - Thu 20 Jun 7:45pm Thu 20 Jun||Neville Studio||7:45pm||Tickets: £12 / £10 concession|