Homegrown Performers – A brand new theatre company is to be born at Nottingham Playhouse and we want YOU to apply. Homegrown Performers is a company devoted to nurturing local talent by providing professional training through original and exciting performances at Nottingham Playhouse. Sessions will provide guidance on all aspects of the business, mentoring from Industry professionals, CV surgeries, performance techniques, workshops and much more.
The culmination of the year is a full production, performed in the Neville Studio at Nottingham Playhouse, as well as the opportunity to perform in new plays created with the Homegrown Creatives group.
Places on Homegrown are offered only after successful audition. To apply for an audition, please complete this form. Auditions will take place in Mid-September.
Autumn Term 2020
3 November – 1 December 2020 (no sessions on 20 and 27 October 2020)
For ages 16-25
Led by Natalia Bruce
If cost is likely to be a barrier to taking part, please fill in this bursary application form. We offer limited bursary places for all of our programmes.
Due to the ongoing nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, we will be implementing various guidelines in order to ensure the safe and comfortable running of these sessions:
What we’ll do to keep you and our staff safe and comfortable:
• Strictly limiting Homegrown capacity to allow for social distancing.
• Providing multiple hand sanitisation points for you to use.
• Design Homegrown to avoid sharing materials and equipment.
• Ensuring enhanced and frequent cleaning throughout our building.
• Providing up-to-date training for our workshop leaders.
• Sending you a reminder email with all you need to know, in line with the most up-to-date Government advice, a few days before Homegrown starts.
What you need to do:
• Follow social distancing and Government guidance during Homegrown.
• If you are showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or have been in contact with anyone that has the virus within 14 days of attending Homegrown, you must not attend. Please let us know before Homegrown starts so we can give you a full refund.
• Wear a face covering when moving generally around our building and in workshop sessions and other occasions when social distancing cannot be maintained, for example when it is not possible to stay more than 2m away from other participants. Please note that face coverings are compulsory for those over the age of 11 unless medically exempt.
• Make sure they bring food and drinks each day to avoid leaving our site during breaks and lunchtimes.
If you have any concerns about Homegrown, or if you would like to see the space where it takes place before you attend, please email email@example.com.