For Reception, Key Stages 1 & 2
The Elves and The Shoemaker is an enchanting, retelling of the much-loved Brothers Grimm fairy-tale about kindness and the joy we get from helping each other.
With live music and plenty of opportunities to join in; your pupils will be transported to the Shoemakers workshop where they can learn all about friendship and the joy in helping others.
WE MAKE IT EASY BY COMING TO YOU!
Do you want The Elves and The Shoemaker to visit your school or library? This new show for children aged 3 and up will be touring schools throughout January, offering children one of their first experiences of theatre. We don’t need to have a stage or lighting, all we need is your school hall or other suitable space and we’ll do the rest, and turn your space into a magical elf workshop
- Age range: 3 – 8 year olds (Reception, Key Stage 1 & 2)
- Audience Size: up to 90 per performance
- Tour Dates: Tue 8 Jan – Sat 2 Feb 2019
- Show running time: 50 minutes approximately
- Space required: 5m x 5m for the performance and space for your pupils
- Set up time: We require approximately 1hr 15m to set up and 1hr to pack down.
- Prices: £270 + VAT for one performance or £490 + VAT for two performances. Book for two performances at your school on one day and we can include 2 workshops, each for up to 30 pupils.
SCHOOLS: WE SUPPORT YOUR TEACHING OF THE NATIONAL CURRICULUM
This production is a modern adaptation of the traditional tale, which will help to explore language and stimulate key writing skills such as developing characterisation, empathy and imagination.
- The audience interaction lends itself to developing spoken language skills, and also gives pupils the opportunity to recite passages and rhymes and express their views on a story.
- Listening skills will be developed and responses to the narrative encouraged.
- The production links with PSHE/Citizenship topics around morality and developing relationships. In particular, looking at care, respect and kindness, and understanding how to contribute to society.
- The story is set in the Shoemaker’s workshop which provides many opportunities for to link with Design and Technology with scope to explore art and fabric design, crafts and working with different materials. This can be a springboard for some great creative activities in the classroom following the production.
Our online Insight Pack will be an opportunity for teachers to further explore the ideas in the production.
LIBRARIES: WE’LL SUPPORT YOU IN PROMOTING THE SHOW
We can provide digital assets to support you telling people about the show. This will include our The Elves and The Shoemaker artwork, production photos (available from 14 December) and a visual story about the show.
Booking opens on Wed 11 July. Make your booking or find out more about our schools tour of The Elves and The Shoemaker by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0115 947 4361.
Photos by Robert Day of last year’s touring production, Town Mouse and County Mouse