Please note, we are currently unable to take bookings whilst our systems are being upgraded. Please check back after Friday 25 September, or email email@example.com to register your interest.
Club Encore is back – bigger and brighter than ever.
Continuing with insightful sessions exploring the work of Nottingham Playhouse, meet directors and casts, learn new skills and find out about the world of theatre in Nottingham and beyond.
If you are keen to remain at home but wish to take part, we also offer Club Encore Online on every fourth Tuesday of the month.
Dates: Tue 13 Oct, Tue 10 Nov, Tue 8 Dec
Time: 1.30 – 3.30pm
Cost: £6 per session
If cost is likely to be a barrier to taking part, please fill in this bursary application form. We offer limited bursary places for all of our programmes.
Tuesday 13 October
Designing Jack and the Beanstalk with Gemma Caseley-Kirk
Gemma is a recent graduate of the Nottingham Trent University Theatre Design course, a member of Playhouse Associate Artists Major Labia, and has been awarded the Design Prize to design the set for our forthcoming production of Jack and the Beanstalk for children. This session will explore the art of theatre design, including discussion, some practical exercises and of course the chance to talk to Gemma about her busy and growing career.
Tuesday 10 November
Hugh Dichmont – Playwriting for beginners
A fun, introductory workshop, giving you the opportunity to explore what it takes to write a play. From creative writing exercises to group discussion, this session will delve into what makes interesting characters and dramatic plotlines; drawing on our interests and everyday experiences to make something brand new, from scratch.
Hugh Dichmont is a Nottingham-based writer. He has had plays performed throughout the UK, including at Nottingham Playhouse, Curve (Leicester), Theatre 503 and The Vaults (both London). As an educator, he has over a decade of experience in delivering creative workshops to learners of all ages and abilities.
Tuesday 8 December
Festive party with our pantomime cast and Adam Penford
Come along and join us for the annual Club Encore Festive party. Expect food, drinks, music, merriment, and possibly even some wine (in moderation of course!). It is a long-standing traditional that members of the pantomime company come along and join us – and this year, despite Covid, will be no exception. Fun, laughter and pantomime fun for all.
Due to the ongoing nature of the Covid-19 pandemic, we will be implementing various guidelines in order to ensure the safe and comfortable running of these sessions:
What we’ll do to keep you and our staff safe and comfortable:
• Strictly limit Club Encore capacity to allow for social distancing.
• Provide multiple hand sanitisation points for you to use.
• Design Club Encore to avoid sharing materials and equipment.
• Ensure enhanced and frequent cleaning throughout our building.
• Provide up-to-date training for our workshop leaders.
• Send you a reminder email with all you need to know, in line with the most up-to-date Government advice, a few days before Club Encore starts.
What you’ll need to do:
• Follow social distancing and Government guidance during Club Encore sessions.
• If you are showing any of the symptoms of Coronavirus, or have been in contact with anyone that has the virus within 14 days of attending Club Encore, you must not attend. Please let us know before Club Encore starts so we can give you a full refund for any sessions missed.
• Wear a face covering when moving generally around our building and in workshop sessions and other occasions when social distancing cannot be maintained, for example when it is not possible to stay more than 2m away from other participants. Please note that face coverings are compulsory for those over the age of 11, unless medically exempt.
If you have any concerns about Club Encore, or if you would like to see the space where it takes place before you attend, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.