From September we shall be looking for up to four artists or companies to join us for a period of time as Creative Associates, providing a bespoke relationship and programme of work. We will be looking for artists who show exciting promise and are ready to develop a national profile.
CREATIVE ASSOCIATE CALLOUT:
This is an opportunity for up to 4 artists or companies to develop a significant relationship with Nottingham Playhouse where our expertise meaningfully supports the next stage of their career for two years.
We’ll offer a bespoke partnership supporting their practice throughout their time with us. We hope that through being a Creative Associate they would also invest in the building. This might be sharing skills with Amplify or the Participation Department or it might be introducing us to new ideas and creative practice.
We will advocate for them nationally, offer space and building resources, artistic support and the opportunity to make work. We want to support, shape and champion the most exciting talent from the region.
Associates should be ambassadors for Nottingham Playhouse, supporting the work we make as well as being supported and being a significant part of our organisation.
- September / October – Applications Open
- 22 October – Applications Close 10am
- End of October – Shortlisting
- November – Interviews with Artistic Director and Artist Development Coordinator
- November / December – Initial meeting with Artist Development Coordinator to plan*
We can take up to 4 artists / companies a year (but we may take fewer). We are likely to stagger the start times of the associateships over a few months to work around artist’s schedules and ours.
- Artists should be able to demonstrate significant talent, drive, self-motivation and resilience.
- They should be able to articulate a clear direction for their career over the two years and how being a Creative Associate can support their development.
- They should be able to take initiative and demonstrate the ability to self-lead.
- They might be early or mid-career although they should have been working in their field for at least a year.
- They might be companies / collectives or individual creatives (producers / directors / dramaturgs / writers / designers / theatre-makers).
- They should live in or come from the East Midlands.
- They should have a passion for making work regionally and regional audiences.
- They should be able to articulate a clear sense of what they might contribute to the building.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
(Depending on availability within the organisation.)
- Opportunity to make work
- Significant artistic input from the Artist Development Coordinator and input from the Artistic Director
- Hot-desking space
- Production / technical support and advice
- Rehearsal space when available
- Brokering of new professional relationships
- Advocacy within the industry
- Marketing advice
- Dramaturgical expertise
- Support with funding applications
- Pastoral Care
If you need an alternative format for applying please get in touch with Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss options.