This year’s Nottingham Playhouse pantomime is Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood, and we’re looking for exciting young dancers to form part of our chorus. This is your chance to be part of the famous Playhouse pantomime, working alongside professional actors with Choreographer/Assistant Director Adele Parry and Director Kenneth Alan Taylor.
Nottingham Playhouse will be holding open auditions in order to select two teams of six children to appear onstage as chorus/dancers. To avoid disappointment please check that you fulfill the requirements below before attending, or you will not be able to obtain a performing license.
Auditions will be held on Friday 29 June at 5.30pm at Nonsuch Theatre, 32A Clarendon Street, Nottingham NG1 5JD You will need to bring in a completed audition form which you can download here or from the download box on the left-hand side of this page.
• At the audition you will work with Choreographer/Assistant Director Adele Parry learning a couple of routines.
• Please being ballet or jazz shoes, tap shoes and appropriate dancewear; also bring a drink.
• Please arrive on time.
• As a guideline, applicants must be of Grade Three standard in dance. You need to be able to tap dance.
• It would be useful for applicants to have some basic acrobatics, but this is not compulsory.
• Applicants must be able to respond quickly and accurately to the instructions from the choreographer.
• Applicants MUST be aged between 12 (on or before 30/11/18) and 15 years (16th Birthday to be on or after 20/1/19).
• Applicants must be available for measurements after school on Tuesday 3 July and for wardrobe calls during September and October.
Due to licensing restrictions a performance fee cannot be paid to any child appearing in the production. Travel expenses of £4 per day can be claimed for wardrobe fittings, rehearsals and performances.
Further detailed information can be found in the audition form.