This year Nottingham Playhouse’s pantomime is Sleeping Beauty, and we are looking for exciting young dancers.
This is your chance to be part of Nottingham’s famous Playhouse pantomime, working alongside professional actors with Choreographer/Assistant Director Adele Parry and Director Kenneth Alan Taylor.
Nottingham Playhouse will be holding open auditions in order to select two teams of eight children to appear onstage as chorus/dancers.
Auditions will be on Friday 21st June 2019 at 5.30pm at the Neville Studio, Nottingham Playhouse, Nottingham NG1 5AF
- At the audition you will work with Choreographer/Assistant Director Adele Parry learning a couple of routines. You will need to bring in a completed audition form found on the last page.
- Please bring ballet or jazz shoes, tap shoes and appropriate dancewear; also bring a drink.
- Please arrive on time.
- Please bring your completed application form with you to the audition, signed by a parent/guardian.
- As a guideline to be of Grade Three standard in dance. You need to be able to tap dance.
- It would be useful to have some basic acrobatics, but not compulsory.
- To be able to respond quickly and accurately to the instructions from the choreographer.
- To be aged between 12 (on or before 22nd November 2019) and 15 years (16th birthday to be on or after 12th January 2020).
- To be available for measurements after school on Thursday 27th June 2019 and for wardrobe calls during September and October.
- No fee is payable, however, travel expenses of £4.20 per day can be claimed for wardrobe fittings, rehearsals and performances.
Rehearsals will be on weekday evenings 28th October – 15th November 2019, as required. Technical rehearsals 18th November – 22nd November 2019, and for performing 22nd November – 11th January 2020.
There will be 2 teams of 8 children. We will also have 2 reserves who will also get a day of performances each. The schedule will be available during the rehearsal period. Children taking part in the panto must be available for all of the rehearsals and their designated performances. The full schedule can be found on this page, under the ‘Dates and Times’ tab.
It will be necessary to take some time off school for rehearsal during the days leading up to opening night and also for some performances, therefore your child must be educationally able to miss some schooling. You will need to contact the school for written permission from the Head Teacher. Nottingham Playhouse will also contact your child’s school.
Each child taking part requires a performance licence, which we will coordinate. A licence application pack will be sent to successful candidates following the audition.
We have a team of professional Chaperones who will be looking after the teams throughout the production.