This year Nottingham Playhouse’s pantomime is Robin Hood and the Babes in the Wood. We are looking for girls and boys aged between 8 and 15 to play the ‘Babes’.
This is a chance to be part of Nottingham’s famous Playhouse pantomime, working alongside professional actors with Choreographer/Assistant Director Adele Parry, Director Kenneth Alan Taylor and Musical Director John Morton.
We will be holding open auditions in order to select three teams of a girl and a boy to appear onstage as the Babes. Your child will need to be able to act, sing and dance.
Auditions will be held on Thursday 6th September, 5pm in the Neville Studio at Nottingham Playhouse, Wellington Circus, Nottingham NG1 5AL.
• At the audition your child will work with the Director, Choreographer and Musical Director.
• Please bring a drink.
• Please arrive on time.
Your child will need to meet the requirements below in order to be eligible to audition.
Please also bring a completed application form to the audition. It must be signed by a parent/guardian.
• To have a strong clear speaking voice.
• To be confident on stage.
• To be aged between 8 (on or before 30/11/18) and 15 years (16th Birthday to be on or after 20/1/19).
• To be under 135cm/4 feet 5 inches.
• To be available for measurements after school on Wednesday 12th September and for costume fittings during September and October.
• No fee is payable, however, travel expenses of £4 per day can be claimed for wardrobe fittings, rehearsals and performances.
Rehearsals will be on week day evenings from 5th November until 23rd November 2018, as required. Technical rehearsals from 26th November – 30th November, and for performing two days per week between 30th November 2018 and 19th January 2019.
The schedule will be available during the rehearsal period. Children taking part in the panto must be available for all of the rehearsals and their designated performances.
It will be necessary to take some time off school for rehearsal during the days leading up to opening night and also for some performances, therefore your child must be educationally able to miss some schooling. Written permission from the Head Teacher will be required at a later date.
Nottingham Playhouse will contact your child’s school.
Each child taking part requires a performance licence, which Nottingham Playhouse will coordinate. A licence application pack will be sent to successful candidates following the audition.
We have a team of professional Chaperones who will be looking after the teams throughout the production.