We are looking for exciting young dancers for this year’s pantomime, Cinderella.
This is your chance to be part of Nottingham’s famous Playhouse pantomime, working alongside professional actors with Choreographer and Assistant Director Adele Parry and Director Kenneth Alan Taylor.
Nottingham Playhouse will be holding open auditions in order to select two teams of six children (aged 12 – 15) to appear onstage as chorus members/dancers.
To avoid disappointment please check that you fulfil the requirements below; especially your age, or you will not be able to obtain a performing license.
1) To be aged between 12 (on or before 1/12/17) and 15 years (16th Birthday to be on or after 21/1/18).
2) As a guideline to be of Grade Three standard in dance. You need to be able to tap dance.
3) It would be useful to have some basic acrobatics, but not compulsory.
4) To be able to respond quickly and accurately to the instructions from the choreographer.
5) To be available for measurements after school on Wednesday 28 June and for wardrobe calls during September and October, for rehearsals from 6 November – 24 November as required, for technical rehearsals from 27 November – 1 December, and for performing between 1 December until 20 January 2018 according to a rota which will be available during the rehearsal period.
Please note that due to the licensing rules the dancers will not be able to swap performances with their double in the other team.
There will be no payment for appearing as a chorus member/dancer in this production, but travel expenses can be claimed per day for rehearsals and shows (£3.50 per day). You will be expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the theatre.
Auditions are on the morning of Sunday 25 June 2017 at Nottingham Playhouse.
The audition will last for approximately 45 minutes during which time you will be taught a couple of routines. You will need to bring ballet or jazz shoes, tap shoes and appropriate dance wear.
Please call 0115 947 4361 and ask for Jane Eliot-Webb to book a slot or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recall is at 1:15pm on Sunday 25 June, when a choice will be made.