We’re looking for exciting young dancers for this year’s pantomime, ‘Dick Whittington’.
This is your chance to be part of Nottingham’s famous Playhouse pantomime, working alongside professional actors with choreographer/Assistant Director Adele Parry and Director Kenneth Alan Taylor. Nottingham Playhouse will be holding open auditions in order to select two teams of eight children to appear onstage as chorus/dancers.
To avoid disappointment please check that you fulfil the requirements below; especially your age, or you will not get a licence.
1) To be aged between 13 (on or before 27/11/15) and 15 years (16th Birthday to be on or after 17/1/16).
2) As a guideline to be of Grade Three standard in dance. You need to be able to tap dance.
3) It would be useful to have some basic acrobatics, but not compulsory.
4) To be able to respond quickly and accurately to the instructions from the choreographer.
5) To be available for measurements and fittings after school during September and October, for rehearsals from 2nd November – 21st November as required, for technical rehearsals from 23rd – 27th November, and for performing between 27th November and 16th January 2016 according to a rota which will be available during the rehearsal period. Please note that due to the licensing rules the dancers will not be able to swap performances with their double in the other team.
There will be no payment for appearing as chorus/dancers in this production, but travel expenses can be claimed per day for rehearsals and shows (amount to be confirmed – approximately £3.40 per day). You will be expected to abide by the rules and regulations of the theatre.
Please call to book a slot on 01159 474361 and ask for Jane Eliot-Webb or e-mail Jane at – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions are on the morning of Sunday 13th September at the Playhouse. The audition will last for approximately 45 minutes during which time you will be taught a couple of routines. You will need to bring ballet shoes, jazz shoes, tap shoes and appropriate dance wear.
The recall is at 1.45pm that day, Sunday 13th September, when a final choice will be made.
Company & Stage Manager