Amplify is Nottingham Playhouse’s brand new Artist Development programme, which seeks to recognise the vast talent that exists within the region and the central role Nottingham Playhouse plays in the artistic ecology. We want Nottingham Playhouse to be a hub for artists and are committed to developing a network where ideas can be shared, challenged and grown.
At the centre of Amplify will be a new cohort of Associate Artists. Up to four Associateships will be advertised in January 2018 with submissions open to artists and companies of all performance disciplines. Our Associates will work with Nottingham Playhouse for a minimum of 2 years.
Are you based in the East Midlands and do you have a creative idea you’d like to share with us? Whether it’s a script or a performance idea in another form, we’d love to hear from you.
Our Ideas Submission window will be open in March and September each year. All submissions will be read within the organisation and receive feedback, either in person or online.
Nottingham Playhouse will continue to offer the Amplify network the chance to road-test new ideas in the Neville Studio. These can be in very earliest stages of development or more advanced.
Amplify is pleased to offer the following upcoming surgeries for artists and companies with Playhouse staff who have extensive experience in their field.
- Funding applications – applying to public funding bodies – Stephanie Sirr, Chief Executive. Tuesday 17 October 2017 5pm – 7pm
- Getting the most out of Social Media with minimum cost – Sinéad Bevan, Marketing Officer. Wednesday 18 October 2017 3pm – 5pm
- Marketing Essentials: Advice on Building or Refining your Marketing Plan – Tom Jeavons, Marketing Manager. Thursday 23 November 2017 4pm – 6pm
- Production management – Andy Bartlett, Production Manager. Wednesday 13 December 2017 3pm – 4pm
- Tour booking – Valerie Evans, Head of Administration. Thursday 11 January 2018 5pm – 7pm
- Finance and budgeting – Rachel Amery, Head of Finance. Tuesday 30 January 2018 5pm – 7pm
Beginning in 2018, we will be emailing a quarterly Amplify newsletter. This will contain all details of forthcoming artistic opportunities at Nottingham Playhouse.
Fill in the form below and check the relevant box to sign up to the Amplify mailing list. If you’d also like to be added to the general Nottingham Playhouse mailing list as well, check the second box. You can opt out of receiving these emails at any time by calling the Box Office on 0115 941 9419 or emailing email@example.com.